Public Phone & Zoom Participation at Council Meetings
In an effort to provide the public with options to participate in Council meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic, the City now offers members of the public the option to participate remotely via telephone or Zoom at meetings of Council, including Standing Committees, Special Council and Public Hearings.
If you are interested in delegating remotely on an agenda item of an upcoming Council Meeting, Standing Committee, Special Council Meeting and/or a Public Hearing, in order to speak via telephone or Zoom, you will be required to follow the steps below:
- You must register with the City Clerk’s Office
- You are encouraged to register as early as possible in advance of a meeting. Registration will close on the day of the meeting, at 1:00pm.
- Contact the City Clerk’s Office at 604-276-4007 or email at CityClerk@richmond.ca
- At time of registration, you will need to provide your name, phone number, email address, and the item number(s) you wish to delegate on.
- Once registered, you will be sent an email confirming your registration and instructions for delegating at the upcoming meeting.
- City staff will request that you connect to the meeting 30 minutes prior to the start time, in order to test audio/visual settings.
After testing, you may be placed in a virtual waiting room until your agenda item is considered.
- During your agenda item, you will have:
- Five minutes to delegate on an agenda item of a Council, Special Council and Standing Committee meeting.
- 10 minutes to delegate on a Public Hearing item.
- Once you have finished speaking, you must disconnect (hang-up the phone or disconnect Zoom) from the meeting, in order to allow the next speaker to join.
An alternative to participating via telephone, is to submit comments on agenda items by email at CityClerk@richmond.ca or by mail to Mayor and Councilors, City of Richmond, 6911 No. 3 Road, Richmond, BC, V6Y 2C1
All meetings of Council, including Standing Committees, Special Council and Public Hearings will be live-streamed during the COVID-19 pandemic. To watch the meetings, visit the Watch Meetings Online page.